Wednesday 11 September 2013

Lambgate

Melly Bo and Phil ventured all the way to south London, for a First Day of The End Of The Summer lamb roast. I chose a lamb shoulder - my resolute favourite cut - and made a lamb roast which started life as Hugh's weeping whatsit and has since morphed, as all dishes do, to suit my natural leanings. Despite this, still bluddy yums.  The company was even more delicious than the lamb, and the food warmed our souls and made autumn seem a cosy prospect. 

The next night I was out at my local community choir, which was such fun I am tempted to ramble on about that instead of food. Even the bit where, on the walk home I made a voice memo of a song, accidentally pressing the 'start' button only when complete, then recorded 18 minutes and 26 seconds of the inside of my pocket. Technical dunce!

I finally arrived home at 9.30, ravenous: what to eat?
Out came the brown dish and in went all the left over roast veggies, new potatoes and the fattiest chunks of lamb.  After15 mins in an un-pre-heated oven optimistically set to 200 degrees, with wine and 'Girls' on the go, I could bear it no longer and tucked in.  But not without a photo for posterity: you know me. 

The flavours had become more intense, and this was even more wonderful than the original roast.  How I love left-overs!

No comments: