Tuesday 12 June 2007

Skuzz

I had such a rubbish food day this morning that I spent the afternoon making up for it.

The milk was sour at breakfast time, so I decided on peanut butter on rice cakes. But I had eaten all the rice cakes. So I had some trusty ryvita with marmite which, after a bite, I surmised were quite nasty tasting and maybe a bit mouldy, so I ditched that too. I ended up with my head in a tub of cold roast chicken, like your favourite drooling mutt.

At cake time I was pleased with the birthday bakery I had done: one damp lemon and almond cake and one lemon drizzle cake. The latter wasn't as light as I hoped and the top could have been more tart... but it seemed to go down well with everyone. And after yoga I gave in to temptation and strolled the two minutes down the road to my local 'Miso'. Empty as my tum, except for a few couples, I had instant service. Whilst waiting for my food, I sat at the counter swinging my legs and reading the menu. It occured to me just how great it was to live so close to so much different food. I must have finally eaten enough Indian to warrant a break and then had to decide between Thai, mixed-Asian, fish and chips, chinese, non-vegetarian Indian, African (I think), Italian...

Back at home, slimy noodles and vegetables - with free prawn crackers - were the perfect choice. Noice.

No comments: