Thursday 10 April 2008

Pret saves the day

Pret chicken and avocado salad is possibly my all time favourite. Maybe it is the comfort of knowing it is always exactly the same, but with a really stressful morning I found positive succour behind Pret doors. I had a medical appointment I was nervous about; I arrived early, so sat with a latte and cheese and bacon croissant (note to Pret: I'm not sure it needed the tomato in there too. It made me a little bit queasy, like putting orange pieces on a milk pudding - but maybe that's just me). If I want to gain weight then I can see the savoury croissant is definitely the way forward - yum!

Then, after the appointment, I was so emotionally drained that I just went back to the same Pret and got the chicken salad and some apple juice. My brain was completely awol and I kept staring off into the distance, but the avocado called me back every time. Good salad! Good Pret!

No comments: