Friday 10 December 2010

soho dreams

There are a couple of coffee shops on my soho-places-to-visit list. And I like nothing better than striking items off a list.

Milk bar (sister to flat white - excuse me feminising the inanimate) on Bateman street calls its siren song.

One of my Soho fantasies is taking breakfast at Maison Bertaux on Greek Street - possibly wearing a cloche hat, certainly reading something by one of the Bloomsbury set. Yes, I mock; no, I repent not.

With less romance, Fernandez and Wells on Beak street is also luring me in with its sweet coffee arms and the tidy, clean lines of its decor. There are three establishments in all: may I suggest that the completists amongst us visit the full set?

And as if Soho wasn't full enough already, now Ottolenghi is opening an eaterie there. It is their fifth, due to debut early next year and sounds excitingly concept-heavy and lacking in finer detail. Exciting for us, perhaps fairly terrifying for those working to complete it right now! Take a look at the delicious foods they are testing:
http://ottolenghi.tumblr.com/

No comments: