Friday 21 October 2011

the gent cooks too

Of course he does. The man is far more refined in his cooking than I.

Last week there was Butternut squash soup which was like a blanket of carbs and saved me from missing lunch the next day at work. Horror.

Then came a most amazing Coq au vin, the recipe an amalgam of various versions, and the taste halfway between bistro and Sunday night hearth. When he checks a recipe the starting place is the Larousse bible found in Oxfam. The bar is set high!

And when I was occupied with making pasta one evening, he returned home laden and set about marinere-ing some moules. Better than 'Aux moules' in Lille, better even than 'Les moules Zola' in Dijon: holiday in a bowl.

And for my part, I am a most appreciative eater. I can't wait for his next stint in the kitchen!

No comments: