Friday 23 April 2010

cold cuts #2

Are you in London with a moment to spare this weekend? Then head to Kings Cross and the Food Junctions festival: free, foodie, and looks very fun. I especially like the look of the 'Hot stuff' talk on spice, the Urban bees, and hearing Kathleen Burk talk about wine.

Food Junctions is on from 24, 25 and 28th April, and 1 and 2nd May.

I meant to say more about my addition to Masterchef, I was thoroughly hooked by the last week. I love how suddenly the contestants are stretched to their creative limit and have the most amazing tasks to complete! I had a little browse of Alex's blog (one of the finalists). I read just about any food blog I can find, however his is most adventurous so is especially nice to dip into.

And finally, my top tip for transporting food to work. After many years of soup-in-handbag spillage incidents, permanently be-crumbed clothes not to mention the salad dressing drama, I thought I had all the tricks for keeping food in the tub on a commute. However, my journey this week has been by bicycle, presenting a whole new challenge! A vegetable madras with rice was frozen overnight, wrapped in a plastic bag, then some fabric to alleviate the cold, and chucked into the flimsiest of backpacks. No spillage. Until I get a bicycle basket, long live the freezer-method!

No comments: